Maybe this should be titled Mobile part 2 or something. It's day six in Alabama and only a couple more to go. I hit my wall this morning and am ready to go home. It's been fun, but a lot can be said for normal hours, my own bed, and not eating out every meal. As a kid, I used to think that would be great, but it gets old after a while.
We've certinaly had our share of seafood while here. We ordered a whole plate of crawfish the other day and I was going to try one, but just couldn't. The legs creeped me out too much and I thought if the experience ended badly, I wouldn't eat my regular meal. But that's ok - my life moved on. :)
So here's the funny dining experience I had last night. We went to the 'best' restaurant that is right on the water. Gorgeous views of the bay. First of all, it was incredibly dark - we had a candle on our table, but it wasn't lit so we're trying to read our menu's with our cell phone lights. Our table had this blue glow that was shining off the walls. I think they were trying to create some fancy ambiance, but it didn't really work. So we decipher the menu, order, and everything is fine. We get our salads brought out and our waiter was just carrying one salad for 7 people. Then he just stood behind me and didn't say a word. We stop talking and look at each other and there was this awful awkward silence. So we start talking again. Then another 2 waiters that walk out, each with one salad and they stand behind 2 other people at my table. Again, the awkward silence. Finally, another 4 waiters come out, each with a salad, and then they all put the salads down at once. Now, the presentation was cool, but getting to that moment was so weird. And then the same thing happened when they brought our actual dinners out! So weird! Anyway, the food was good, but it just was just a strange experience. I think they need to work on their timing.
On our way back to the mill today after lunch, we took a tour of downtown Mobile. They have a large area full of old homes dating back to the 1800's and 1900's complete with wraparound porches and gigantic trees. I love those type places! It was very cool.
I would have died laughing at dinner!
ReplyDelete