Sunday, April 29, 2012

Our New Yard

So one of the few drawbacks to moving into a new house was the yard.  The front was ok, but the back was ridiculous.  I think the builder just tossed some seed randomly, called it a day, and moved on.  However, since our house was finished in the summer and probably had no rain, needless to say, the grass didn't really take.  We had some and tried to get it to grow by adding more, but after 2 years, I had enough.  I wouldn't even open our back windows when people came over because it didn't look good.  So we had sod laid down last fall and it has turned out so much better than I expected.  :)

Before pictures....granted, this is after any grass we had was killed to prepare for the sod, but still, it was awful.  Trust me.  :)



After pictures - doesn't it look so much better?


This is just a random picture of our front yard.  I'd call it a flower bed, but we have no flowers.  I can't get anything to grow.  Lee laid down mulch the same weekend I took the pictures above so I wanted to acknowledge all his hard work, too.  I'm such a fan of the red look.

1 comment: