Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Visits from friends!

Let me start this by saying we love love love when people come visit!  It is our absolute favorite.  So for any of my out-of-town readers, if you haven't been to Knoxville, come soon!  Promise you'll have a great time.

My friend from junior high, high school, and college Brittney and her husband Danilo came out for 5 days and we had such a great time.  This was my first real trip to Nashville to do exploring and I can't wait to go back.

In Nashville, we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry.  I'm so happy Brittney is such a fan of country music like me!
Lots of memorabilia from all eras of country music

The actual hall of fame area 

The wall of golden records.  This actually extended down a hallway and ended up covering two floors of walls.

The Grand Ole Opry tour was probably one of the best I've ever been on.  Normally you see just a couple of things behind glass and no pictures.  But this was amazing.  We got to see so much and nothing seemed off limits.  This is the plates for each member of the Opry.
 
Brittney loves Brad Paisley...and who can blame her??  :)

We got to see each dressing room - they were all so incredibly nice!

And the best part...not only did we see the famous circle (from the stage of the original Opry building), but we got to stand on it and take pictures!


 
After Nashville, we took a weekend trip to Atlanta.  I love that city!
 

The only real interesting picture I took at the Georgia Aquarium.
Somehow I didn't get any with actual people.

Holding one of the torches from the Olympic Games in London at the Coca-Cola factory.



The vault holding the secret formula for Coke!

 
We also went to the Smoky Mountains and the Biltmore mansion in Asheville, NC.  What a busy trip!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the best week of our 2012!!! Until next time....

    ReplyDelete