Another week in Knoxville full of way too much stuff going on!
Monday Lee and I started by going to an 'indoor' soccer game to watch one of the kids in our youth group. I say 'indoor' because all that made it inside were these tarps surrounding the building. It was so cold I had to keep my gloves on the whole time. But Tucker scored a goal so I was excited we went.
Wednesday my co-teacher in our high school girls' Bible class was back from her trip to Vermont so she was able to teach class. Not that I don't love teaching, but I could really just sit and listen to her all day - she is absolutely amazing and I always learn so much!
Last night we went to a funeral for the grandmother of another boy in our youth group. My heart just broke for him and his brother and parents. It's so hard to watch such wonderful and kind people go through sad things even though it is a part of life. After it was over we went up and he just fell into Lee and held him so tight for what seemed like the longest time. And I was just so proud that Lee was there for him and wanted to make sure he knew that we cared. It's crazy how much we have grown to love each kid in our youth group. They are just so incredibly precious and I think I can stand almost anything except watching one of them hurt - it just tears me apart. How crazy that you can get attached so much in such a short period of time.
Now I'm sitting at home watching it snow - it's been coming down since about 3 or so this afternoon and is supposed to go throughout the night. The news report said we could get up to 6+ inches. This has been the strongest winter in Knoxville that I've seen and I'm not a fan. It hit 60 last week so I was hoping I'd get to pull out my spring clothes. Maybe in another couple of weeks...
Wow, you guys are definitely getting more snow there than we are here! That is so good that you two are so involved with your youth groups and everything...that is so awesome! We definitely look up to you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's been a crazy winter. Last winter we were in the 70's at this time so I am ready for that again. People who have lived here forever say that Knoxville used to get snow all the time but they are not prepared at all. They have like 3 snowplows - it's too funny!
ReplyDeleteWe just love working with our youth group - until our congregation hires someone full time, they've asked Lee to be in charge of them and all their activities. Hopefully they won't hire someone anytime soon - I would be too sad! How selfish is that?? :)