It was a busy weekend and a lot of fun. On Friday night, Lee and I went to our first minor league hockey game in Knoxville. We went with a guy Lee works with, his wife and son. I know nothing about hockey so I struggled trying to keep up. They kept calling penalties and I was super confused the first half of the game. Lee's co-worker coaches his son's hockey team so he was nice enough to sit with me the 2nd half and explain most everything to me so I wasn't lost. That helped me enjoy it a little more. And we won, too, which was exciting. There were also quite a few fights and the opposing team's coach got thrown out so Lee got into that.
Saturday, Lee went to the Men's Breakfast at church in the morning and then we went shopping. Wal-Mart wasn't crowded which was nice - I think everyone was at home waiting for the Vol basketball game to start. Our friends Lance and Amber came over that night and we had dinner and played a couple of games. The boys won Battle of the Sexes, but it was definitely rigged. It was so nice to see them - we had both been so busy the last few months, there was a lot to catch up on.
It was rainy Sunday so I spent most of the afternoon reading on the couch. Lee watched his beloved Cowboys lose their playoff game so condolences are in order if you're friends with him on Facebook. He was definitely bummed about it. He also had a parent-teen meeting at church and planned all the spring activities. Those always make me excited and give me something to look forward to - it'll be a busy, but fun, next few months. And we ended the weekend with a party for our wonderful friend Tracy who passed his fire inspection engineer test which is a really big deal. Congrats Tracy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment