Sunday, May 16, 2010

Toronto Recap

I am back in the States now and so glad to be home! I had a great trip, but Canada sure is different. Compared to my last work trip to Mobile, I had a lot more time to sightsee, but ended up working harder. Go figure how that works! But for now, no more work trips planned which is ok by me. Here are some pictures from my trip:

One example of the crazy metric system. I was so confused by the kilometers and celsius temperatures - such a little thing, but it was really hard to get used to! And I think the small temperature numbers made it feel colder than it actually was - although I did get snowed on the first day!

For my Utah readers - the Toronto LDS Temple.

Gorgeous flowers at Niagara Falls. The bridge in the background is what connects Canada to New York.


Me at the Falls. Absolutely gorgeous!! The American Falls are on the left and the Canadian on the right. I'd always heard how the Canadian side was better and it is completely true. I don't see how'd you get a good angle from the American side - there just weren't many good places to see.


We were able to get right up to where the water drops off at the Horseshoe (or Canadian Falls). See the rainbow?


The CN Tower - 115 stories in the air in a glass elevator. I almost chickened out!


But I made it and here is me with part of our group ready to eat!


Awesome view of Lake Ontario - the restaurant rotated so we were able to see the lake and then the whole city, including the sunset!


Downtown, just after the sun set


We made it back down. The tower was all lit up and kept changing colors - it was really cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you world traveler! Beautiful pictures! And what great leaders you guys are to those youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Lynlee! Sounds like it was a fun trip! I just love Niagara Falls! And thanks for the Utah tribute! That made me smile! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete