Sunday, August 1, 2010

Did We Have a Summer?

I know the answer to the above question is yes, because East Tennessee has had more than it's fair share of 90+ degree days. However, when I look back at my last post (yes, I know it was in May....) I remember planning out everything I was going to accomplish this summer. Our youth group was out of school and would be busy with camp and vacations, band was on break for 3 months, and I had tons of time stretching out ahead of me. Now somehow, it magically became August and I have no idea what happened. Needless to say, my grand plans didn't really become reality. There's always next summer, right?

Update on the last couple of months...

I received a job promotion to a new team back in late June. Due to transition issues, I don't actually start until a couple more weeks, but am looking forward to it. Not to bore everyone with details, it'll just involve a lot more analysis which my geeky brain really enjoys. Also, Kimberly-Clark has bought a couple of companies this year and we are starting to work on how to integrate them into our company. So I'm on the project team for transportation to decide how to make it work and am heading down to Atlanta tomorrow for a couple of days to meet with the entire project team to see how things are coming together. Again, another geeky thing that only I could enjoy... Lee's job is going great as well - they've been staying busy which is a good thing.

Lee's sister came into town a couple of weeks ago and we had a great visit. I took 3 days off work (my first vacation this year!) and we went to the Biltmore in Asheville, NC, Gatlinburg, and Atlanta. Lee was able to come with us to Atlanta, too. We hadn't seen her since last summer so it was a great time. I had never appreciated before how much they are alike - they have the same tendencies which I had never noticed before. It cracked me up!

Lee is also playing in a church softball league that is now in the middle of the playoffs. Out of 16 teams we were the top seed in an 8 team tournament. We won our first game (barely, thanks to a last chance home run by my fabulous husband!) and they play again this Tuesday. Thankfully, I'll be in Atlanta. I enjoy watching them play, but get too stressed out over it!

That's all I can think of right now - hope everyone had a great summer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment