I've been back from vacation almost a month now so I figured I should write about it before I forget about all the fun adventures!
I took a solo vacation in the middle of June to my family reunion held just north of Dallas. I spent a few days with just my uncle hanging out and having a great time then one day with all of my family at the actual reunion. There was about 30 of us and very few people couldn't make it. We had a catered lunch, went to our family cemetery, and spent the rest of the day by one of the large pond's on my uncle's farm. We visited and grilled hot dogs for dinner while the kids spent time on the canoe and fished.
From there I flew to Destin, FL to meet Lee and his family for their family reunion. His grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this year and his granddad will be 80. They are such a blessing in our lives and we are so thankful we have this great example to look up to! We stayed at a condo area for just military members and had a special beach as well for military only so it was not crowded at all. The weather was perfect every day! We spent a couple of days at the beach (which including riding jet skis in the Gulf of Mexico), and one at a waterpark. The girls spent one day at the outlet mall while the guys spent it at the golf course. And every night we were up late playing cards which I enjoyed the most. We were constantly on the go! There are 13 grandchildren in the family (5 are married, too) and only 2 weren't able to be there. Add in 2 more great-grandchildren and we had quite a large group. The last time they were all together were at his grandparents 50th reunion 10 years ago so this was definitely a special time. I was there 10 years ago as Lee's girlfriend of less than a year and it was very special to see how everyone has changed and grown.
By the time these 2 weeks were over, I was ready to come home and be in my own bed. But it was great to get away and visit with family. The best news of all: 3 days after we got back to Knoxville I already had a new set of plane tickets. My uncle and I are traveling to Salt Lake City in September to visit my parents and sight-see. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment