This year at work we had a pumpkin carving competition between any teams who wanted to participate to celebrate Halloween. So my team decided to sign up. We came up with the awesome idea of using a large pumpkin as a space ship and smaller pumpkins as martians. Our hard work paid off and we won! And much like school competitions, we got a pizza party for our victory celebration.

We went all out - this is Cody making our 'space land' by using modeling clay. Note that we are in a closed conference room because it was raining outside - this is important.

Darlene and Cody shaping our space mountains.

Gina and I were in charge of making the martians. I thought they turned out super cute.

Lee and I spray painted the pumpkin silver the weekend before and I brought it in. We let my boss handle the power tools to carve out our spaceship door.

Cody spray painting our base and mountains. We didn't think about the fumes one can of spray paint generates. Needless to say we had to bring in fans and leave the room for a while to let the fumes clear out. The smell also filtered down the hall and brought some questions from other people on our floor. Oops....lesson learned. :)

Our finished product - didn't it turn out great? We even put glow sticks inside of the pumpkin for a better spaceship effect.

A view from the top.

All the entries for 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment